By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
Portion control is an important element of any healthy diet. Overeating leads to weight gain and unhealthy eating habits. Controlling how much you eat may seem like an intimidating subject, but it can be made easy to understand with tips from this article, Portion Control: What You Need to Know. Read the full article for all the details, but here are just a few of the key points it made.
Things to Know:
- Always check what the serving size is on the labels on your food.
- Eating a moderate amount of food each meal is essential to maintain your weight.
- Specific foods require smaller or larger portions, depending on the food.
- Your gut health is improved when you eat the correct portions.
What to Do:
- Eat more slowly.
- Get plates that are smaller.
- Compare your portions to everyday items.
- Let the small things go.
- Use small bowls for your snacks to avoid eating too much.
Find more dieting tips by using the search bar feature on Fill Your Plate’s blog!