By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
I don’t know about you, but I love Chipotle! All their produce and meats are farm fresh, which makes it even better. Their recipes are super simple and can definitely be made at home if you need some inspiration for a new dinner recipe! My favorite is their burrito bowl. It is a nice lower-calorie option because it doesn’t include a tortilla. See below for my recipe for homemade burrito bowls.
Homemade Chipotle Burrito Bowls
By Sarah Hunt
brown or white rice, cooked
fresh, not canned, cooked pinto beans (see this recipe for making beans in the instant pot)
avocado or homemade guacamole
shredded white cheese of your choice
sweet corn on the cob
- In the morning, put chicken breasts in marinade and leave in your fridge. Put the beans in the instant pot about an hour before dinner. 30 minutes before dinner time, grill the chicken. 10 minutes before dinner time, start cooking the rice.
- While that’s cooking, dice the lettuce, tomato, onion, and cilantro. Mix the last 3 ingredients together and salt to taste to make pico de gallo. Cut the corn off the cob (you can boil on the cob beforehand if desired).
- Make the homemade guacamole using your favorite recipe or just slice up an avocado.
- Put out the sour cream and white shredded cheese next to the other vegetable toppings.
- Assemble your bowl in this order: put the rice on first, then the beans, meat, lettuce, pico de gallo, avocado/guacamole, corn, sour cream, and cheese.
Find more delicious recipes on Fill Your Plate’s recipe database!