By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
Photo: Food Faith Fitness blog
Looking for a way to spice up your in-season broccoli this spring? We’ve got just the recipe! Try adding this delicious Mediterranean Low Carb Broccoli Salad as a side to your dinner tonight to liven up your meal.
By Taylor of the Food Faith Fitness blog
Prep time: 25 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
Yields 8 side servings
For the Salad
- 5 Cups Broccoli, cut into small florets (380g)
- 1/2 Cup Artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, roughly chopped (75g) (oil squeezed out)
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/3 Cup Red onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup Roasted salted sunflower seeds
For the Dressing
- 2 Cups Plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 4 1/2 tsp Monkfruit, (or granulated sweetener of choice)
- 1 3/4 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried ground basil
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried ground thyme
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- In a large bowl, mix together ALL of the salad ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli and stir to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight, so that broccoli can absorb the dressing and develop the flavor.
Find more delicious recipes on Fill Your Plate’s recipe database!