By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
Looking for a fresh new salad recipe to try out for dinner tonight? You’re in luck! Try this delicious Harvest Quinoa Salad recipe from Natural Delights!
Harvest Quinoa Salad
By Natural Delights Medjool Dates
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 25 minutes (squash and farro) | Yield: 6 servings
- 1 Cup Cooked Farro
- 1 Cup Butternut Squash, Cubed and Roasted
- 1 Large Gala Apple, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Kale, Chopped and Massaged
- 6 Natural Delights® Dates, Pitted*
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 2 T. Maple Syrup
- 2 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp. Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
* Find “Pitted Medjool Dates” in a Store
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the salad ingredients together and gently toss until combined.
- Next, prepare the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a small, lidded jar, then seal and shake until thoroughly mixed.
- When ready, pour the dressing over the salad and carefully toss.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.
Find more delicious recipes on Fill Your Plate’s recipe database!