Category Archives: Uncategorized

The Low-Down on Low-Calorie Sweeteners

By Heide Kennedy, Arizona Farm Bureau Communications Intern Artificial sweeteners seem to be miraculous little substances. They’re just as sweet, if not sweeter than regular sugar, and they have little to no calories! But, in a way, this seems too … Continue reading

Share This:
Posted in Diet Tips, Fill Your Plate, Health Tips, Uncategorized | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Pay Attention to Unhealthy Ingredients in Beverages

By Heide Kennedy, Arizona Farm Bureau Communications Intern Many of us pay close attention to the ingredient labels on the foods that we eat. We know that it isn’t good to eat a lot of foods that are high in … Continue reading

Share This:
Posted in Fill Your Plate, Food Facts, Health Tips, Uncategorized | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Foods That Beat Bloating

By Heide Kennedy, Arizona Farm Bureau Communications Intern Have you ever finished a meal and then you felt all bloated inside? Maybe it was from something that you ate or maybe you overindulged a little. Other causes of bloating could … Continue reading

Share This:
Posted in Cooking, Fill Your Plate, Food, Health Tips, Recipes, Uncategorized | Tagged | Leave a comment

Fill Up on Fiber!

By Heide Kennedy, Arizona Farm Bureau Communications Intern Did you know that only 7% of adults in the United States get enough fiber? That means that the remaining 93% of us are significantly lacking in our intake of this important … Continue reading

Share This:
Posted in Fill Your Plate, Food, Health Tips, Healthy Eating, Uncategorized | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Causes and Cures for Sugar Cravings

By Heide Kennedy, Arizona Farm Bureau Communications Intern   How often do you find yourself craving something sweet? For some, it’s right after meals, as sort of a sweet finish to your savory meal. For others, they happen throughout the … Continue reading

Share This:
Posted in Fill Your Plate, Food, Health Tips, Healthy Eating, Uncategorized | Tagged | Leave a comment