By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
Recipe By Natural Delights
Mix up your usual charcuterie board with a dessert board! Pile on the chocolate, berries, mini Medjools and caramel. This is the perfect dish to bring to a party or use as a late night snack. Recipe by Feasting on Fruit.
Prep Time: 45 minutes | Yield: serves 8
Tahini Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cocoa Whipped Coconut cream
- 1 can coconut cream, chilled at least 24 hours
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice
Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- Natural Delights Medjool Dates
Mixed berries (or any other fruit you want to add)
(Find “1 lb Medjool Dates” in a Store)
- Whisk together caramel sauce ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Whip the solid part of the coconut cream with a hand mixer. Add cocoa powder and whip again until creamy and combined.
- Melt the chocolate chips. Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners. Spoon a small amount of chocolate into the bottom of each and up the sides. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Place a spoonful of peanut butter in the center of each. Cover with remaining chocolate. Tap the pan to smooth out the tops. Refrigerate 30 minutes until set.
- Arrange your board: dips/sauces, Natural Delights Mini Medjools, peanut butter cups, berries, anything else you want to add!
- Serve and enjoy!
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.
Find more Natural Delight date recipes in Fill Your Plate’s recipe database!