By Lauren Scott, Arizona Farm Bureau Intern
Food safety is important and will always be important. Recently, Walmart has started providing food safety advice on some of their bags. The bags feature the title ‘Food Safety,’ and show the temperatures that different meats should be cooked at to ensure they are safe to eat. The bags also show a few tips like ‘Don’t cross contaminate,’ and ‘be clean, be healthy.’
Arizona Farm Bureau has been advocating for food safety for quite some time. So, we’re glad to see the food industry and specifically the grocery stores help with this process. Here is a list of all the blog we’ve already published about the topic.
- 5 Tips for Summer Food Safety
- Giving out Gold Stars for Food Safety
- Sharpening Your Food Safety Skills for Summer
- 6 Food Safety Tips for the Holiday Season
- Farmer John, Food Safety Begins with you
- 11 Easy Food Safety Tips for your Home
- Food Safety, A Joint Effort you can Help With
- How to take Control of your own Food Safety
- Stop Being the Biggest Cause of Food-Related Illness
Stay connected with us on Fill Your Plate as we regularly cover food safety, nutrition and fun recipes. Our blog publishes stories three times a week and most stories are a quick read with valuable information on food and nutrition.