Photo: Six Sister’s Stuff
By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
Are you looking for a delicious treat to make with your family this summer? Look no further! Try baking these ooey-gooey s’mores bars by Six Sister’s Stuff; you won’t regret it!
By Six Sister’s Stuff blog (full recipe and tips here)
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 King Size Hershey Milk Chocolate Bars 3 (2.6ounce) bars
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme 1 container
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. We found it works best to use our fingers.
- Place chocolate bars over dough (3 king-sized Hershey bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate if necessary to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick).
- Spread marshmallow creme over chocolate layer.
- Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the marshmallow (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small, flat shingles and laying them together).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a light golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Find more delicious summer recipes on Fill Your Plate’s recipe database!