Photo by Kristin Maxwell
By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
Looking for an easy-to-make appetizer to munch on while you watch the big game? Or maybe you just want an easy recipe for dinner tonight? Either way, we’ve got you covered! Just grab these ingredients the next time you’re at the grocery store – and you might want to stock up on them too, your kids will be asking for these again and again!
By Kristin Maxwell, Yellow Bliss Road blog
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 25 mins | Total time: 35 mins
- 12 count package Hawaiian Rolls or slider buns
- 1 pound sliced deli ham or more, depending on thickness and desired amount
- 6 slices Mozzarella cheese or 1 cup shredded
- 6 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced parsley
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 11-inch rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice the rolls in half so you have a “slab” of tops and a “slab” of bottoms; don’t pull the rolls apart and slice individually because you want to keep them connected. Hold the top with one hand to keep them steady.
- Layer the sliders as follows: Provolone slices, sliced ham, Mozzarella cheese.
- Replace the top half of the rolls over the cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, fresh parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour or brush the mixture onto the tops of the rolls.
- Cover loosely with nonstick foil (careful not to let it touch the tops of the bread to avoid sticking – use toothpicks if necessary to “lift” the foil).
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until tops are nice and golden brown.
- Cool slightly, then cut the sliders apart with a sharp knife.
Find more delicious recipes on Fill Your Plate’s recipe database!