By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
Blue Sky Organic Farms has the perfect dinner recipe for you to make tonight! Try out this broccoli and chicken casserole, a delicious dish for you and your family.
Broccoli & Chicken Casserole
2 c cooked chicken ~ shredded or diced ~ I used leftover rotisserie chicken
8 oz. uncooked penne or rotini pasta
1 lb. broccoli ~ cut into florets
2 TBSP olive oil
½ medium onion ~ diced
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 bell pepper ~ diced
2 tsp chopped garlic
3 TBSP flour
1 c chicken broth
1 ½ c milk
1 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. About 2 minutes before the pasta is done stir in the broccoli to the boiling pasta. Drain the pasta and broccoli; set aside.
- While pasta is cooking heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the flour to the vegetable mixture and stir until combined. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the broth and stir until most of the lumps are gone. Add in milk, Dijon and seasonings and stir until combined.
- Continue cooking just until it reaches a very soft boil. Remove from heat and stir in 1 ½ c of shredded cheddar cheese. Add in pasta, broccoli and chicken. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining ½ c cheddar cheese over the top. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Find more delicious recipes on Fill Your Plate’s recipe database!