It’s hard to believe it is August already but the back to school sales and monsoon rainstorms don’t lie. But even though summer has peaked and we are firmly heading toward fall, there is no reason to dismay. Hopefully, August will bring some much needed rain, but whether it rains or not, you can be sure August will bring new fruits and veggies to your local farmers market and grocery store. Be sure to ask for locally grown produce, meat, poultry, and dairy whenever you shop and support the efforts of our local farmers and ranchers.
Here is what you can expect to find fresh from the farm this month and some ways to use these fresh Arizona ingredients to fill your plate with seasonal favorites grown right here at home.
- Grilled Fish with Crab Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms and White Wine Sauce
- Pasta with Zucchini, Zucchini Blossoms, and Caramelized Onions
- What’s in Season in July (fillyourplate.org)
- Beat the Heat – Easy Oven and Stove Free Dinners (fillyourplate.org)
- Perfect Food for Poolside Parties (fillyourplate.org)